The People for People Charter School Mission
The underlying purpose of The People for People Charter School is to equip students with a challenging educational program in which the fundamentals of entrepreneurship are the primary focus. Economic, community and career education are integrated into all subject areas and throughout all grades. Students acquire necessary knowledge, skills and interests through a highly experiential program that prepares them to take responsibility for their own lives and to participate actively in their communities.
Highlights of our school program include:
- Small School with Individualized Support: PFPCS has an average class size of 23 students per class, making our student / teacher ratio much smaller than other public and charter schools. This allows our faculty to provide students with more one-on-one support when they need it.
- Curriculum: PFPCS uses research-based curricula in all grades and content areas to ensure that students are prepared to meet the challenging demands of the Pennsylvania Common Core Standards.
- Community Partnerships: PFPCS believes in a holistic approach to education. Our many partnerships with community organizations offer entrepreneuriship, academic enrichment, athletic, and college- and career-readiness programs to our students.
- Location: Located in the heart of North Central Philadelphia, PFPCS is within walking distance of the Fairmount and Francisville communities and conveniently located near several SEPTA stops. All PFPCS students in grades 1-6 are eligible for school bus transportation, and students in grades 7-12 receive SEPTA Student TransPasses. For brief visits or extended stays, temporary parking is available on our campus.
- Safe, Secure Community: The PFPCS building is a secure environment with a complement of security staff and monitored video surveillance on every floor and in every space outside our facility.