Highlights of Our School Community
- Small School with Individualized Support: PFPCS has an average class size of 23 students per class, making our student / teacher ratio much smaller than other public and charter schools. This allows our faculty to provide students with more one-on-one support when they need it.
- Curriculum: PFPCS uses research-based curricula in all grades and content areas to ensure that students are prepared to meet the challenging demands of the Pennsylvania Common Core Standards.
- Family Support: PFPCS is an important part of the People for People (PFP) organization. Students, parents and families are welcome and encouraged to participate in any of the other family support and self-sufficiency programs that we provide.
- Location: Located in the heart of North Central Philadelphia, PFPCS is within walking distance of the Fairmount and Francisville communities and conveniently located near several SEPTA stops. All PFPCS students in grades 1-6 are eligible for school bus transportation, and students in grades 7-12 receive SEPTA Student TransPasses. For brief visits or extended stays, temporary parking is available on our campus.
- Safe, Secure Community: The PFPCS building is a secure environment with a complement of security staff and monitored video surveillance on every floor and in every space outside our facility.